A Social Media spring cleaning might be just what you need. These are the top 5 people to unfollow on IG
- People from high school that you never even liked – When is the last time you even talked or DM these people especially if you have no desire to talk to them again. Just because you went to school with them does not mean you are obligated to follow them
- Your exes – You broke up for a reason. You see it all the time with Celebrities, once they call it quits, they unfollow each other. Unless you have children with them there is no reason to follow them, especially if you are trying to get over them. Don’t forget to unfollow their family.
- Influencers who cause you low self-esteem – If you notice that you are comparing your life or appearance to some of the Influencers that you follow you should unfollow them. They can lead you to think you should be living life they do and look just like them. You are perfect just the way you are. It’s better for your mental health. Follow Influencers who motivate you and send out positive vibes.
- A “friend” who showed their true colors – If you are no longer friends and the relationship is over for good. Rid yourself of these friends. Do not follow someone who you had a toxic relationship with, it’s similar to not following your Ex
- Anyone who posts insensitive content – Unfollow anyone who posts sexist, aggressive, racist or anything offensive content. Following these come off as you support their offensive content.